Old Hickory site was selected on Upper Hickory Creek near a spring and dedicated in May of 1874. An additional twenty acres were set aside for an Indian cemetery. The first grave was placed there in 1875.
Each Memorial Day there is a gathering at the cemetery, where people come to decorate graves, visit with old friends and share lunch at noon prepared by the community members.
ALL pets must be kept on a leash at all times. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up after pet and any damages caused.